Table of Contents
Edibles vs. Smoking: Difference and How Your Consumption Method Affect Your Experience
What is great about cannabis is you have plenty of options on how you can consume it? You get all different options like strains, vaporizers, tinctures, oil, edibles, CBD and THC ratios and all other elements can create a tremendous impact on your experience, including how high and how long will it last. Edibles vs Smoking Cannabis in Canada.
These methods can both offer a significant experience, but why is understanding these differences important to you?
The biggest element impacting your cannabis experience is your consumption method, which play the enormous role to reach your ultimate experience.
Understanding the Difference Between Cannabis Edibles vs. Smoking Weed
How does Edibles vs. Smoking Cannabis differs? Smoking is a popular way of enjoying cannabis. When you inhale cannabis smoke into your lungs, the active compounds, like THC, can almost immediately absorb into your bloodstream, making their way to your brain. The peak of the high usually occurs around 15 minutes after inhalation and can completely wear off an hour later.
How does ingesting cannabis works? Edibles will get you as high as smoking weed, but when you ingest cannabis as edibles, getting high is a bit different. What separates edibles from smoking is its timing. While you can feel the effects of smoking cannabis almost immediately and dissipate shortly thereafter, it stretches edibles the timing out since the THC travels through your digestive system and passing through your circulatory system to your brain. Its effects may take 60 to 120 minutes, but once it hits you, the effects can last from 6 to 10 hours long.
The Benefits of Eating vs. Smoking Cannabis
Edibles vs Smoking Cannabis both have their special benefits, which can make a better fit for you and for a specific situation.
Benefits of Edibles
- Discreet – Edibles is a great option for you if you are looking for a smoke-free way to use cannabis.
- Healthy – Eating edibles is healthier than inhaling smoke into your lungs.
- Long-lasting – Cannabis edibles have a long-lasting effect that can last you all day.
- It needs no equipment – No need to worry about looking for equipment like bongs, dab rigs, or lighter to consume cannabis.
Benefits of Smoking
- A quick onset time – Many people wanted to get instant relaxation and the faster way to get that result is by smoking your weed.
- Easier to control your dose – One reason people like to smoke cannabis is the ease of the dosage. You can simply go for a little trial and figure out how much dosage is perfect for you.
- Fast – The effect wears off completely in just a few hours.
Which One is Right For You?
Each individual is exceptional and may have their own opinion on the methods of consumption. Some people like to do both methods depending on the occasion. Regardless of what you choose from, it is important that you know how the product you use works.