Table of Contents
Why Does Cannabis Make Your Eyes Red and How to Fix It? Cannabis Online Dispensary Canada
Cannabisden the #1 Online dispensary in Canada. Red eyes from Cannabis or bloodshot eyes are the most common effects of marijuana consumption. Why does weed make our eyes red? Our #1 Cannabis online dispensary Canada will tell you. Can marijuana cause damage to your eyes?
The redness of the sclera (the white of the eye) is a non-dangerous side effect of marijuana consumption. There are a few reasons that cannabis use results in reddened eyes.
Why Do people get red eyes When Using Cannabis?
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) causes redness in the eyes as it decreases the blood pressure. When the blood pressure decreases, blood vessels expand (including the arteries, veins, and capillaries). The ocular capillaries of our eyes become dilated and take in more blood. The expanded blood vessels on the surface of the sclera make the eyes appear redder.
The reddening of the eyes is not based on the method of consumption, but the cannabinoids themselves that make your eyes red. Another reason for red eyes results from cannabis allergy or irritation.
The bloodshot volume differs on the person’s blood pressure. You may notice that the same strains have a different effect on a distinct person.
How to Get Rid of the Red Eyes After Consuming Cannabis?
Here are a few tips and tricks from Cannabisden your #1 online dispensary in canada that you can do to make your eyes look clear :
- Opt for low or no THC strains. Cannabis with high CBD may be a desirable alternative for those seeking to minimize red eyes when toking.
- Have eye drops on hand. Select a certain brand specific to lessening the appearance of red eyes.
- Stay hydrated. Increase your fluid intake. This will help ease the dryness of the eyes.
- Wait it out. Your eyes will eventually transition from red, black to white.
- Plan your medication sessions at home. Redding of the eyes is not harmful, and if you can stay in the comfort of your own home, you won’t have to worry about what others may think.
Always remember, do not drive while under the influence of cannabis. Though this will make you feel comfortable and confident driving around, this is a major risk not only to you but to other drivers. Plan your medication sessions carefully and be smart when driving under medication.